- Ben Dowdy
- Series:Life of Joseph
Today’s Text: Genesis 42-44
These questions are provided for your further study and application of today’s message. These questions are particularly designed to be discussed in your Family Devotions, in your Care Group, with an accountability partner or reflected on privately in your own personal time with the Lord.
1. Spend a few minutes reviewing the main points of the sermon from Genesis 42-44. How have you perceived God working in your life by softening your hardened heart?
2. Discuss the difference between “not holding bitterness in your heart” and “forgiving another”. What is the difference and how can we apply the related truths in our lives? How can we encourage one another at the time of crisis to apply these truths?
3. Can you think of a time in your life when God has brought pressure on you to address sin in your life? Share with the group if it is not too personal. How did you respond? Did you admit guilt, repent and move on or is it something that you are still dealing with?
4. Has God sovereignly allowed circumstances in your life in which you sensed that you were no longer in control? How did you respond? Going forward, how should we respond?
5. One of the sermon points was “take courage; God does the impossible”. Generally we say that we believe this but how do our actions at times/in certain circumstances reveal that we aren’t actually believing this? How can we go forward implementing this truth in practical ways, and honestly believing it?