- Ben Dowdy
- Series:Life of Joseph
Today’s Text: Genesis 41
Topic: God’s control. God’s Word. Faithfulness.
These questions are provided for your further study and application of today’s message. These questions are particularly designed to be discussed in your Family Devotions, in your Care Group, with an accountability partner or reflected on privately in your own personal time with the Lord.
1. Spend a few minutes reviewing the main points of the sermon from Genesis 41. Which point brought out was most impactful to you and why?
2. If what we talked about is true, it would certainly be the enemy’s strategy to lower the Christian’s opinion of the Bible. In what ways have you witnessed the Church’s historically high view of Scripture attacked in this generation? To what extent has the Bible taken a less than prominent role in your life lately? What commitments will you make (or refresh) as it relates to your interaction with God’s word?
3. Read Psalm 37:1-17. How can an understanding of this Psalm keep you from sin when people ridicule, mock, oppose, or attack you because of your alliance with Christ and your promotion of his word?
4. Read Proverbs 16:2, 25 and Proverbs 3:5-8. How did you come to recognize that ignoring or fighting Christ’s lordship was a losing proposition?
5. Joseph was faithful to his tasks (dependable) whether he was a shepherd, a steward, a jailer, or a prince. As you think through the various arenas of your life, including chores, marriage and family responsibilities, commitments to your church, school and/or job, etc. evaluate your level of faithfulness and dependability. What would others say about your faithfulness? What would God say?