- Ben Dowdy
- Series:1 Peter
Today’s Text: 1 Peter 5:5-7
Topic: Humility. Pride. Anxiety. Trust.
These questions are provided for your further study and application of today’s message. These questions are particularly designed to be discussed in your Family Devotions, in your Care Group, with an accountability partner or reflected on privately in your own personal time with the Lord.
- Read I Peter 5:5-7. Review the main points of the sermon. What were two takeaways from this week’s sermon on humility? Share about a time in your life that the Lord humbled you.
- Read John 13:5-17 and Philippians 2:1-4. Based on these two passages and I Peter 5:5-7 what are some practical ways that the attitude of humility feeds actions of Christ-centered selflessness?
- Read Exodus 3:18-22; Job 30:21. In light of these Scriptures, what does it mean for us to humble ourselves under the mighty hand of God?
- Given the fact that God is opposed to the proud but gives grace to the humble, what are some tools in your gospel toolbox (Scripture) that you can use to share the gospel with a proud unbeliever?
- What is the relationship between worry and arrogance/humility and trust according to I Peter 5:6-7? What are some practical ways you can cast your cares on the Lord this coming week?